I’m a Minneapolis-based freelance writer, advice columnist, co-founder of The Twin Cities Writing Studio,
wife, and mother of four. I’ve written extensively on topics such as best practices for social media and blogging, parenting, marriage, friendship, health, Judaism, changing habits, book reviews, and more. I’ve also had short stories published in over a dozen literary magazines.
- I’m available for editing, and I’m available to coach you through the next steps of your writing career. I enjoy the relationships I’ve formed with fellow writers and consider myself a good teacher and cheerleader. I’ve successfully helped writers place their essays in online and print publications.
- Let’s streamline your social media strategy (yes, you should have one) to help you get the most out of the time you’re spending online. What are the best strategies for Twitter? Facebook? Should you have a separate Facebook page for your blog/book/business, or is it best to use your personal account? I can help with all of that and more.
- I’m available to consult with you about everything related to blogging from content advice, to building a readership, some design advice, and more.
- I co-lead a writing group in Minneapolis called The Twin Cities Writing Studio. Space is always limited, but contact me to find out if there’s availability in an upcoming session.
- For any of the above services please contact me for rates: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE I WRITE NOW
I am currently a columnist at The HerStories Project as well as a contributing writer at Kveller.com and Great New Books. I’ve also had articles syndicated in Jewish newspapers around the country and continue to see my writing appear in new (to me) sites such as On Being and other exciting places with quality writing.
WHERE I’VE BEEN (All my articles are listed on a different page, but an overview is below.)
I’ve also had work in Beyond Your Blog, BlogHer, The Good Men Project, Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness Project Blog, Mamalode, Mamapedia, The Mid, Modern Loss, Motherwell Magazine, Mothering.com, Nameberry, On Being, Reading Rainbow, The Review Review, Role/Reboot, Scary Mommy, The Sunlight Press, The Times of Israel, the Today Show’s Parenting Site, Twin Cities Daily Planet, and Write it Sideways.
I’m a published short story writer with work in over a dozen literary magazines. (Pushcart Prize nominated thank you very much!) My fiction has appeared in Compose Journal, The Drum Literary Journal, First Day Journal, The Ilanot Review, Independent Ink Magazine, Literary Mama, Mash Stories, Midwestern Gothic, Monkeybicycle, Pedestal Magazine, The Potomac, Sleet, Scribblers on the Roof, and Talking Stick Journal.
I was a proud cast member of Listen to Your Mother in 2013.
Finally, I obsessively keep track of the books I read. I write pithy blurbs and love the freedom to write about whatever books strike my fancy. I rarely accept requests from authors and publicists to review books in exchange for a free copy. I’m swimming in free books and am hesitant to add more to my nightstand and Kindle. Thanks for understanding. I officially review books at Greatnewbooks.org.